Appropriations Requests

Submission of Fiscal Year 2012 Funding Requests

On February 1, 2011, the Senate Appropriations Committee announced that the Committee will implement a moratorium on all earmarks for FY 2011 and FY 2012. As such, Senators will not be able to submit earmark requests for the length of the moratorium. To view more information on the moratorium please visit

However, Senator Rockefeller is committed to doing all that he can for West Virginia, and is always interested to learn of your funding needs. At this location, you will find a web form that you may use to share your funding request with Senator Rockefeller.

You may also contact Senator Rockefeller's Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-6472 if you have any questions about the forms on this website, or if you wish to discuss your project further.

Instructions to Submit a Funding Request for Consideration:

Organizations seeking congressionally directed funding must fill out the appropriate online form. There are three forms: One for Department of Defense requests, one for Military Construction requests, and one for all Non-Defense requests.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What should I do if I do not know which form to fill out, or if I have questions about the submission of my form?
Please insert "unknown" in the Legislative Information section of the forms or contact Suzanne Bentzel by email at or by phone at (202) 224-6472. return to top
Is it necessary to make a personal presentation about my project?
No, but West Virginia constituents are always welcome to schedule a meeting with Senator Rockefeller's office in Washington, DC or West Virginia to discuss projects. Please call (202) 224-6472 or email the scheduler to request a meeting. return to top
Can I submit my request directly to one of Senator Rockefeller's district offices?
All requests must be submitted online. You will receive email confirmation that your request was received. return to top
What should I do if I cannot access the Internet to submit my request?
If you do not have access to the Internet nor use of a computer at your local library, you may request that a copy of the form be mailed to you by calling (202) 224-6472. return to top
How do I find the status of appropriations legislation?
To review the status of appropriations legislation in the United States Senate, please visit return to top